The Gift that keeps on giving
The St Arnaud Hospital is part of the East Wimmera Health Service and has been actively supporting the health needs in our community since 1873.
Today, the Hospital provides a broad range of integrated services, including urgent care, acute, aged care and community health, with visiting services providing pathology and radiology services; all aimed at supporting our communities wellbeing.
Modern medicine and support technology is costly. Government funding is limited and does not cover all costs, so community support of our Hospital is an ongoing need and more important than ever.
In response, the St Arnaud District Hospital Foundation was established in 1944 to create and maintain a permanent funding source.
The Foundation is independent from East Wimmera Health Service and is administered by Trustees – local people volunteering their time and effort to the foundation.